2,000 Gallon (7600 Liter) Offshore Acid Tanks
Hoover Ferguson provides a range of transportable horizontal and vertical acid tanks used for the safe transport and storage of a wide range of corrosive liquids, including chemicals for oil and gas and drilling processes, waste liquids and aviation fuel.
Additional linings for interior of the vessel are available to provide additional corrosion protection. The selection of the lining material is based on the acids stored in the tank. The external frame is constructed of carbon steel treated to provide corrosion resistance. Safety features include a relief valve and rupture disc on the tank container.
The acid tanks are designed and manufactured to meet DNV, EU Directive 1999/36/EC and EN 13530 standards. Frames meet DNV 27-1 standards.
- Working Pressure: 58 PSI (4 Bar)
- Test Pressure: 87 PSI (6 Bar)
- External Pressure: 6.09 PSI (0.42 Bar)
- Design Temp (Frame): -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C)
- Design Temp (Vessel): -40°F to 131°F (-40°C to +55°C)
- Shell Thickness: .236” (6 mm)
- Ends Thickness: .236” (6 mm) after forming
- IMDG, ADR/RID, DNV 2.7-1, EN 12079,CFR 49, TIR, ASME U Stamp
- Vessel Material: Carbon Steel to ASME U-Stamp Requirements. (SA 516 GR 70)
- Frame: EN 10219 /cikd-formed S355 on primary structure, EN 10025 S355K2+N, Inspection Certificate EN10204:2004 Type 3.2 on Padeyes, EN 10219 Cold-formed S275 J2H on secondary structure, ISO corner castings on bottom four corners
- Vessel to frame: Carbon Steel Skirt Mounted Design
- Supplied and fitted at destination
- Tanks designed for stacking such that chains or slings are not crushed or damaged
- 2 high empty, 2 high full
- 2 off in 9.84” x 5.9” (250 mm x 150 mm x 6 mm) carbon steel box-section, slotted, 59.1” (1500 mm) between centers.
- Additional plates above fork pockets to reduce shear - 9.22” x 5.28” (234 mm x 134 mm internally)
- 4 pad eyes fitted with wire rope or chain slings
- GPS with web-enabled tracking software
- Electrical or steam heating
- Remote closures
- Insulation and cladding
- Fittings to customer specifications